Sunday, June 4, 2017

Schedule week of June 5



I have been very lucky this training cycle, good weather and good health allowed me to stay right on schedule. Alas, last week it fell apart. I had a great bike workout Tuesday morning, but when I got to the office I felt as though a bus has rolled over me. Immense fatigue, as if I had been walking non-stop all day. No fever, no runny nose. I didn't feel sick, so I assumed I had been training too hard. I ended up taking the rest of the week off. Lots of bed rest. My stomach was tender so I had to watch what I ate and only small portions. Eventually I decided it must be some kind of virus.

By Saturday I was well enough to attempt a ten mile run. Did it, a bit slower than normal. That afternoon after sitting on floor in a air conditioned room for five hours I ended up chilled so deep I was shivering uncontrollably for more than an hour.

This week begins Peak period -- also known as taper. The way I wrote my plan I have Peak week 1 and 2, then Race week. TrainingPeaks always starts weeks on Monday, so CTTS comes at the end of race week. So now we have 2 weeks until start of race week. Confused?

One way to look at this is I started Peak a week early. I must avoid the temptation to squeeze in every possible workout to make up for the lost time. The only significant loss was today's long Tantalus ride. I changed Tuesday's hill work to include a better high intensity workout, one that should produce a good muscle response without as much fatigue. I left Sunday open. The idea is to do a lap of Tantalus and see how I feel. I should be able to do two, the only question is whether or not I feel like doing three.

Sunday after is Father's Day. I penciled in a Pineapple Hill ride, focused more or endurance than intensity, but I need to work it out with Pattie. Sometimes Tantalus is a bit too steep.

My weekly CTS scores show a dramatic drop in training. No surprise here. The good news is that as long as I stick to my plan I will hit my goal for CTTS.






Last week

ATP: 760 TSS

The planned and actuals for last week have little meaning due to my illness. Tuesday morning I got in my last good ride, and Saturday morning I did a ten mile run.

Actual: 363.2

This Week

Week of 6/5 - Peak week 1
Focus: CTTS
ATP: 530 TSS
Planned: 536.4

Mon
AM Run, 4mi + 4 strides
PM ST

Tue
AM Bike, hill cruise intervals
PM Swim, OW

Wed
AM Run, Tempo Intervals
PM Bike, spin class

Thu
AM Strength with Dorian
PM Yoga

Fri
AM Run, 3mi + 4 strides

Sat
AM Long run, 10 mi

Sun
Tantalus 3x

Next race: 2 weeks until CTTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment