Sunday, July 16, 2017

Schedule week of July 17




I mentioned last week that I had decided to rearrange my priorities, and my schedule. This week we see the first real evidence of that. I changed my original Saturday 12 mile long run to a swim + run brick, which means shortening the run. Pattie and I drive to Ala Moana, meet whoever else is joining us, swim at 7:00, and by 8:00 I am running home through Waikiki. I love it, except for dodging people along Kalakaua. Anyone who runs in a big city knows what I mean, only they don't have Waikiki Beach to sweeten the deal.

I have Tinman as a "B" race, which is why TrainingPeaks calls this week Build 2 week 1 instead of Race. The periodization is relative to the "A" races, in this case, Dick Evans. Here is the progression, starting from last week:

Week of
7/3 - Build 1 week 1
7/10 - Build 1 week 2
7/17 - Build 2 week 1 <- we are here
7/24 - Build 2 week 2
7/31 - Build 2 week 4
8/7 - Build 2 week 1
8/14 - Peak week 1
8/21 - Race
8/28 - Transition

Young, fit athletes can do a four week cycle, three hard, one reduced volume. Older guys use a three week cycle, two hard, one reduced volume. Working with schedules is easier if week four is always a reduced volume week, so us three week folks eliminate week three.

Tinman came at an awkward time, so I manually edited the ATP to come up with this progression. That explains how we have a Build week with only 530 TSS planned -- it is a partial taper week. Not perfect, but nothing ever is.




Last week

ATP: 700 TSS
Planned: 635.8
Actual: 741.3

This Week

Week of 7/17 - Build 2 week 1
Focus: Tinman, DEMRR
ATP: 530 TSS
Planned: 463.7

Mon
AM Work schedule conflict
PM ST

Tue
AM Work schedule conflict
PM Bike, Portlock Loop

Wed
AM Swim, pool
PM Bike, spin class

Thu
AM ST
PM Yoga

Fri
AM Swim, pool

Sat
Swim, OW + bike Waikiki to home

Sun
Race, Tinman

Next race: 6 weeks to DEMRR

No comments:

Post a Comment