Monday, May 22, 2017

Schedule week of May 22


This has been one heck of a week. It began slowly, a little recovery from Sunday's race, then exploded into some major activity. I think I set a new PB for weekly TSS. The previous week scored 736.2, but the pre-race taper pulled down the weekly average. This week came out to be 1,087.1! I don't think I ever got above a thousand.

A high TSS should mean my fatigue is high, and it is. As I write this on Monday morning I feel very tired. Funny thing is, yesterday after a really hard bike ride I still had plenty of energy, enough to go out a purchase a new fan for our bedroom, and install it!

The best part about Sunday's bike ride was that I could do three laps of Tantalus better than my last attempt at two. The key of course was to hold back a bit. I kept reminding myself I was more interested in duration than intensity. As pleased as I am with the results, keep in mind that my total climb was 4,300 ft., not quite half of CTTS at 10,000 ft. Plus I has two nice recoveries in there, the decent plus a few minutes at the bottom. On the first decent I flatted right at the bottom, which imposed an even longer recovery. Strange, because I rarely get a flat. But luck was not with me, because I flatted again, front instead of back, near Honolulu Coffee Company where I go for a post-ride snack. Months without a flat, then two on the same day. Must be something in the air, because my Outback got a slow leak that resulted in four new tires. OK, no more flats!

All this activity gave another big push to my fitness ramp. Last week I predicted a drop, but no sign of one yet. I just hope I don't burn out.





Last week

ATP: 450 TSS
Planned:867.7
Actual:1,087.1

This Week

Week of 5/22 - Build 2 week1
Focus: CTTS
ATP: 760 TSS
Planned:920.2

Mon
AM Run, 3mi + strides
PM Funeral, Dale Hoffman

Tue
AM Bike, hill cruise intervals
PM Swim, OW

Wed
AM Run, 5k Ints 6x1min
PM Bike, spin class

Thu
AM Strength with Dorian
PM Yoga

Fri
AM Run, 3mi + 4 strides
PM Bike, Hawaii Kai loop

Sat
AM Swim, OW + Long run, 10 mi. (Run home from Ala Moana)

Sun
Tantalus 2x

Next race: 2 weeks until North Shore swim series #1
4 weeks until CTTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment